About this event
Title: The Gospel on the Ground – Kristi McLelland
Style: Video-based discussion group with light homework.
When: Thursdays 9:30-11:30 am || August 31 – October 26, 2023
Where: Training Center Classroom 161
Facilitator: Emily Kaler
Childcare: Provided. Please note that you must register your child(ren) for Kid's TIME by Monday, August 21.
Registration limit: 25
WHAT: Come along with biblical culturalist Kristi McLelland as she unpacks the life of the early church in the book of Acts and shows us that the kingdom of God is always on the move, always looking outward to bring meaning and joy to a world searching for true fulfillment and hope. Explore the call of Jesus to His disciples then and to us today. See how God's Word can sustain us even in the most difficult of times and embrace the transformative grace we experience as children of God in His kingdom of celebration.
• Gain deeper insight into the biblical world, including fresh perspective on familiar Bible stories.
• Ignite a passion to be on mission by examining the work of the early church.
• Find deep purpose and meaning at the table of God.
• Find joy in the communal aspect of faith.
• See how God’s redemptive purposes are unstoppable in the Book of Acts.
Homework: 4 days of homework between each meeting.
Classroom time: We will watch the 60 minute video teaching then discuss the teaching and homework.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible, pens, notebook if desired
- Workbook: pre-order to have at the first meeting. Purchase workbook here.